Free Shipping Included! Shun DM0707 Classic 10-Inch Chef's Knife by Shun at Just Gathering. MPN: DM-0707. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Shun Classic knives are made in Seki City Japan, where craftsmen have made samurai swords for centuries. This 10-inch chef's knife is large enough to
Product Description & Reviews
Shun Classic knives are made in Seki City Japan, where craftsmen have made samurai swords for centuries. This 10-inch chef's knife is large enough to handle big kitchen jobs like breaking down poultry and splitting hard squash, but it is balanced enough to use for more delicate tasks too.
The blades of Shun Classic knives are made from VG-10 steel, a durable alloy that has superb edge-holding properties. Sixteen additional layers of alloy are applied to each blade to create a beautiful Damascus look, without the danger of rust that can occur with traditional Damascus blades. The shape of the blades is designed to reduce sticking, resulting faster, safer cutting performance. A once-piece tang runs from a traditional offset bolster to a steel end-cap, and the dishwasher-safe Pakkawood handle has a D-shaped profile that fits the hand beautifully. Every knife in the Shun Classic line is covered by a lifetime warranty.
From the Manufacturer
Shun Classic Cutlery
Why Buy Shun Classic:
Born of the ancient samurai-sword-making tradition and hand-finished for precision and beauty, Shun Classic is an ideal choice for anyone buying their first Japanese knife or 50th. The high-quality line of cutlery makes a worthwhile addition to any chef's arsenal of tools--it's used by professional chefs and home cooks alike. Produced in the widest variety of specialized styles, the Classic line features both traditional European blade shapes and innovative cutting-edge designs.
Shun Classic's amazingly sharp blade is famous for both edge retention and ease of sharpening. Each blade has a core of VG-10 "Super Steel" with a Pattern Damascus cladding of 32 layers of high-carbon stainless steel--16 layers on either side. While the wood grain pattern enhances the knife's beauty, it also adds durability and stain resistance, and reduces friction when cutting.
NSF certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Blade core consists of high-carbon VG-10, a Japanese super steel known for its edge retention, allowing the knives to hold their sharp edges for years.
- Blades boast a 16-degree angle, making these the sharpest knives out of the box. This is sharper than traditional European blades, which are usually sharpened to 20-22 degrees.
- Clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side for strength and flexibility. This metal is corrosion-resistant and easy to maintain.
- Damascus styling adds to the beauty of the knife while the microscopic air pockets created by the cladding process reduces friction during slicing.
- D-shaped handle fits in the palm and provides comfort and control, keeping the knife's handle secure in the hand during use.
- Available standard in D-shaped handle styles or by special order in reverse D-shaped handle styles.
- Pakkawood handles, made of resin-impregnated hardwood, are NSF Certified for use in commercial kitchens.
- Produced in Seki City, Japan, the capital of samurai sword manufacturing.
- Rockwell hardness rating of 60-61 ensures that it takes and holds its incredibly sharp edge longer.
- Hand wash and dry recommended; limited lifetime warranty.
|Blade Material: ||VG-10 hardened Japanese steel cutting core, clad with 16 layers of SUS410/SUS431 Pattern Damascus stainless steel on each side, for a total of 33 layers of metal. |
|Bevel: ||Double-beveled |
|Cutting angle: ||16 degrees per side (comprehensive angle 32 degrees). This is sharper than European knives, ground to 20-22 degrees per side. |
|Handle Material: ||PakkaWood (resin-impregnated hardwood); D-Shaped handle available in right and (by special order) left-handed versions. |
|Sharpening recommendations: ||Weekly honing to maintain the blade, sharpening as needed with professional sharpener or Asian-style electric sharpener. |
Features & Highlights
- 10-inch chef's knife with one-piece stainless-steel bolster, tang, and end-cap
- Precision-forged in Japan by renowned blade manufacturer KAI
- 33 layers of stainless steel for a rust-free Damascus look
- Comfortable D-shaped Pakkawood handle; washing by hand recommended
- Measures approximately 16-4/5 by 3 by 1 inches; limited lifetime warranty
|Item Weight:||0.55 pounds|
|Item Size:||3.13 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.84 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.07 x 0.98 x 0.98 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product by Shun, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
mpn: 34373-203, ean: 4009839276019,
Top-of-the-line MIYABI Birchwood is a work of culinary art. Both blade and handle are crafted from the most precious materials, which shape their striking appearance.More than meets the eye, the potent core of SG2 micro-carbide powder steel is protec...
mpn: SC10-01 9inch, ean: 7447521288051,
Imarku Professional 8 Inch Chef's Knife for all of your seasonsThe Imarku 8-inch knife is designed for professionals who include chefs,culinary experts, food caterers as well as an ordinary person.It is a multipurpose knife that is ideal for various...
This beautiful and versatile cooking knife is specially designed for both professional chefs and home cooks who want the perfect cutting tool. If a 9 or 10 inch chef knife is more than you want (and a little big to be honest), the Foxel 8 inch chef k...